Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
Although we must all be more socially distant for now, we can still guarantee you a warm and friendly welcome to our home. We hope that any changes implemented will provide you with reassurance that we have done and continue to do everything we possibly can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 to our guests, ourselves and our wider community. We thank you in advance for working with us to provide a safer environment for us all.
We look forward to seeing you all soon at the Blue Swallow!
Karen & Alison
Planning for the “New Normal”
We are following the guidance and best practice issued by UK Government and UK Hospitality in working safely during this crisis. In line with this guidance we have completed a written Risk Assessment, this will be reviewed regularly to ensure that our controls and measures remain effective.
Communication is the Key
At time of booking we will send guest information by e-mail detailing the measures we are currently taking along with other useful information for your stay. We will ensure that this guidance is communicated in a timely manner and is reviewed regularly. We ask in advance that you help us implement these changes and kindly follow the current UK Government guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In order to limit face to face contact we may also request some information from you in advance. The situation may change very quickly so we apologise if you are inundated with emails from us!
Our town is re-opening quickly, however, it may be best to plan your stay in advance. Please feel free to contact us at any point if we can offer any assistance in helping you plan your visit to Penrith. Local up-to-date opening information can be found on Penrith Chamber of Trade and Discover Penrith and we are always happy to offer personal recommendations.
Face Masks or Coverings
Following the latest UK Government guidance the wearing of a face mask/covering is required for guests in all indoor common areas – this includes Reception area, hallways and corridors.
The staff will wear face masks at all times in the indoor common areas. Face visors will also be worn during breakfast service.
In order to aid with social distancing you will find the following:
- Reduced occupancy within the guest house;
- Signage in the house – we ask for your assistance in maintaining the current guidelines for social distancing in the Reception Area, Hallways, Breakfast Room;
- We will take every measure to reduce and limit face to face contact, where practicable, between staff and guests – this will include taking your payment online where possible.
Hand sanitiser will be available in the Reception Area and Breakfast Room. We kindly ask that all guests and visitors make use of the sanitiser when entering and leaving the Guest House and Breakfast Room.
Breakfast at the Blue Swallow
You will still be able to start your day with the usual choices from our Breakfast Menu. However, the service has slightly changed:
- All breakfasts must be pre-ordered the night before and will be served at a time agreed with your party;
- You are requested to stay seated at your table throughout your breakfast service. All items will be served to your table, this includes items such as all individual bowls of fresh fruit salad and cereals as well as all condiments;
- Social distancing must be observed in the Breakfast Room and there will be a limit to the number of guests dining at any one time;
- Staff will wear face masks and observe a strict hand washing and sanitising regime.
Our very popular home baking will no longer be available to help yourself to in our Breakfast area, however, you will find it on your hospitality tray, safely packaged, along with your own sample of our very addictive home made Scottish Tablet.
Guest Rooms & Housekeeping
We have always been proud of our high standards of cleanliness. However, in line with current guidance we will ensure that all guest rooms and communal areas will be cleaned, sanitised and disinfected, with particular attention paid to frequently touched surfaces. There will be increased cleaning in the communal areas of the Guest House and we will ventilate the public areas frequently.
As part of our housekeeping regimes:
- To reduce the risk of infection certain items have been removed from Guest Rooms, these include guest information folders (an mini version is available in a plastic wallet), as well as throws and cushions (these are all available on request);
- All the contents of the hospitality trays are replaced for each new guest party;
- All guest rooms are deep-cleaned on departure, all cleaning products used are of a commercial grade;
- All guest rooms are aired during cleaning and prior to your arrival;
- Appropriate personal protective equipment will be worn by staff when housekeeping;
- Bed linen and bath sheets are sent to Shortridge Ltd. who launder to BS EN14065 & HTM 01-04 ensuring hygienically clean linen in line with NHS infection control measures. All other small items, including pillow, mattress and duvet protectors are laundered in-house at a minimum of 60 degrees;
- In order to minimise the risk of infection housekeeping will be limited to replenishment only, we can deliver items to your door. For longer stays we can make arrangements with you to clean your room if you wish us to do so.